Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

And We Wonder Why We're Broke

This is the end result of decades of the government being mother and father to its citizens. Its government money ....its free ....everyone deserves a house ....free health care ....free birth control .... free food ..... free housing ..... free cell phones. And the kicker here folks is its not illegal. She received a bit over 500,000 and stayed on welfare ....because she's entitled to it. God help us but these people vote and I wonder who she voted for ....anyone want to give me odds, cause I'll bet I know.

Lottery winner using food stamps: ‘I thought maybe it was okay because I’m not working’


While most people have played the “if I had a million dollars I would ____ ” thought game, few fill that blank in with “stay on public assistance.”
Amanda Clayton, a 24-year-old from Lincoln Park, Mich., is one of the few who does, and she is getting away with it. Clayton won $1 million from the Michigan State Lottery this fall, but she is still collecting and using $200 a month in food assistance from the taxpayers with her Michigan Bridge Card.
“I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn’t, I thought maybe it was okay because I’m not working,” the lottery winner who just purchased a new house and car told Local 4 in Detroit. The station even filmed her shamelessly purchasing goods.
When Local 4 asked if she felt she had a right to the money, Clayton responded, “I mean I kinda do.”
Clayton justified the sentiment by explaining that after taking her winnings in a lump sum and having to pay taxes, the total amount was just over half of the initial winnings.
“I feel that it’s okay because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay,” she said. “I have two houses.”


Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/07/lottery-winner-on-food-stamps-i-thought-maybe-it-was-okay-because-im-not-working/#ixzz1oUUaJgXJ

No comments:

Post a Comment